It is important to come to meditation in the ‘right state’. When we sit to meditate, and are agitated having just come in from a stressful day, or are running too late in the morning for a calm meditation because the monkey brain has already taken over, we can learn the techniques to prepare us for a deeper experience of our meditation. Meditation is passive but the techniques used to bring us to the right state can be called active because they require focus. When we use sensation, we are bringing together our higher perception with our physical presence. This gives us an opportunity to perceive what is happening to us differently, in an objective way
Mindfulness is for anyone living with stress, anxiety or pain. It is also for anyone who just wants to learn ‘how to get the day before the day gets you.’ Mindfulness is the science of using the breath to control our response to stress, anxiety and pain by slowing down the chemical messengers from the brain that release cortisol, keeping us in a constant state of fright, fight or flight mode.
MINDFULNESS FOR STRESS AND PAIN RELIEF
Group classes for:
I offer classes for people living with Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke. For people living through cancer treatment, and for people challenged with painful and chronic conditions. Please enquire about classes and Lori’s experience supporting people living with these conditions.
Mindfulness in the Workplace. Please contact me directly for programme and cost.
Two hour experiential introduction
This two hour introduction to Mindfulness in the Workplace will give working colleagues some of the tools to develop the positive qualities that can nurture a productive working environment as well as personal wellbeing.
A two hour introduction to:
* Foundation of Mindfulness practice: Getting the day before the day gets you!
* The science of Mindfulness: Why it works; the H-P-A Axis
* The power of the breath: A practical exercise * Active listening: A practical exercise
* Mindful problem solving: Going from auto-pilot to conscious choice
* Cultivating strength, balance and flexibility: The three brains
* Mindfulness in daily life: 9 to 5; how to be fulfilled in the work we do
* Walking / sitting meditation – Being in the ‘present moment’. A practical exercise
* Mindful working relationships – Changing awkward dynamics with our colleagues
* Protecting ourselves: Transforming anger and abuse when directed at us
Weekly classes in the workplace
A weekly course in mindfulness over eight weeks in the workplace.
One to One:
I teach mindfulness one to one over the course of six or eight weeks in clinic or online with continued mentoring if needed. Learning online from within the comfort of your own home can be a very private and personal experience of learning mindfulness.
Cost in clinic: £60 for 90 minute session. Mentoring between sessions at no extra charge.
Cost online: £50 for one hour session. Mentoring between sessions at no extra charge.
Our Mindfulness meditation and forest bathing or Shinrin Yoku retreats are at the 17th century convent – rural hotel, La Almoraima in the heart of los Alcornocales national park near Castellar de la Frontera in the province of Cadiz in Spain. It is one of the biggest estates in Spain within an abundance of bio diversity and an ancient forest.